Blog Archive

Wednesday 27 July 2011

It's all about fabric this month!

So this month I have been really focused on getting some original and beautiful designs sorted out which meant LOTS of visiting the fabric market to source beautiful fabrics. It's hard not to go on an out of control buying spree when there are so many beautiful cottons and cotton linen blends out there. I am a bit too in love with my heavy weight japanese cotton linen prints, but who wouldn't be!


The other exciting news is I put in a small order to my wholesaler of certified organic cotton baby basics to trial the designs. They are so soft and beautifully made in a regulated environment where the workers have rights, so no child labour is used and they're 100% sweatshop free! So far I have one design I am 100% happy with and will put into production when I get myself and my family back to Melbourne. (Hopefully I'll have these done for the November markets, but we shall see!)


My son is nearly 8 months old now and has learned to pull his bibs off. This has been a timely reminder to me to use velcro on the newborn bibs and press studs on the bigger sized bibs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Footscray, Victoria, Australia
I sew, design and create whilst also being a loving mother of one beautiful son. Like thousands of other women, my nesting instinct led me to a sewing machine and I haven't stopped since. I adore all fabric, but try to only buy organics. I simply can't resist a good Japanese linen though, so I do make an exception on organics sometimes!!