Blog Archive

Monday 16 April 2012

One thousand things

I have about one thousand things I would like to do, but never seem to get around to...

I want to open a cafe, learn to sew to perfection, design and make a full wardrobe for my baby boy each year, design fabric, learn to weld, upholster, start a truly productive garden, go vegetarian except for eating meat I know has led a good life and been killed humanely, leave paid employment for something more meaningful, maybe open a small sewing studio for those like me who have the inclination but haven't the background, study design or textiles or something hands-on and creative to boot, and the list goes on and on and on.

At the moment I just try to be a good mother to my little love and an ok partner to my big love. Very rarely do we do anything on the weekends other then prepare for the week ahead, see family and do a spot of shopping at the organic farmers market. This weekend just gone however, we managed to pop into the ink and spindle studio in Kensington. They were having an open day, and it was really wonderful to see their workspace and their beautiful fabrics. I am inspired by these two people who have taken the risk of running their own business and are making it work. The youngest member of our family enjoyed it too and hopped onto a nicely upholstered chair that was just the right size...

Now I just have to decide what to do with all the fabric I bought.

An update on my last post (it was Friday the 13th I now realise): my darling was playing happily and joyously when I arrived to pick him up. Big relief. We'll see how things go this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Footscray, Victoria, Australia
I sew, design and create whilst also being a loving mother of one beautiful son. Like thousands of other women, my nesting instinct led me to a sewing machine and I haven't stopped since. I adore all fabric, but try to only buy organics. I simply can't resist a good Japanese linen though, so I do make an exception on organics sometimes!!