Blog Archive

Saturday 23 February 2013

Knowing where you came from

Have you put together a family tree?

When I was ten, my father spent rather a long time putting together our family tree. It went back quite far, but was all lost thanks to a computer crash.

Now I have a small person of my own, I feel like putting something together for him too. It would be great if it could go back to before the first fleet, when my ancestors came out as free settlers. (This I find is interesting terminology, because in today's terms free settler = economic refugee.)

I've asked my in laws if they could jot down names, dates and place of birth too.

It will be interesting to see what we can put together for our little person, to help him understand his origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Footscray, Victoria, Australia
I sew, design and create whilst also being a loving mother of one beautiful son. Like thousands of other women, my nesting instinct led me to a sewing machine and I haven't stopped since. I adore all fabric, but try to only buy organics. I simply can't resist a good Japanese linen though, so I do make an exception on organics sometimes!!