Blog Archive

Friday 31 May 2013

Must. do. more. sewing!

So it has been a while since I dusted off my sewing machine, and actually I have been craving a spot of embroidery of late. Alas, the most I have achieved is sewing on two buttons to jumpers and cardigans that had lost one here and there.

I am enjoying sewing mismatched buttons onto twice giggle thrice jnr's clothing with colourful embroidery thread. There is something so charming about a mismatched button and a spot of brilliant turquoise. It is unexpected and just seems to draw the eye and bring a smile.

While I haven't been sewing, I have been planning. Planning a big-boy bedroom complete with Eco wall stickers, a teepee over the headboard (also charming) and a picture wall.

I can't wait to bring it all together and see the delight on his gorgeous little face at having his very own room in our little house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Footscray, Victoria, Australia
I sew, design and create whilst also being a loving mother of one beautiful son. Like thousands of other women, my nesting instinct led me to a sewing machine and I haven't stopped since. I adore all fabric, but try to only buy organics. I simply can't resist a good Japanese linen though, so I do make an exception on organics sometimes!!