Blog Archive

Saturday 17 September 2011

First ever quilt

All cut out and ready for sewing

This week I made my first quilt. I can see why people find them addictive, the repetition and the process itself is almost meditative. I really wanted to make something ridiculously girlie, so I've made a very bright pink and orange number for our 2 1/2 year old niece. It's backed in a gorgeous and fun Japanese print, and is borderless. I'm busy embroidering little details into the squares this week. I am so impressed with the result that I may have to make another.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Footscray, Victoria, Australia
I sew, design and create whilst also being a loving mother of one beautiful son. Like thousands of other women, my nesting instinct led me to a sewing machine and I haven't stopped since. I adore all fabric, but try to only buy organics. I simply can't resist a good Japanese linen though, so I do make an exception on organics sometimes!!