Blog Archive

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Handmade gift update!

Just a follow-on and a follow up from my last post about gifts...

Added to the divine Melbourne designed and sewn shop bought pants was an itty bitty organic cotton toddler wallet complete with play money!

It was surely the biggest hit, and there was one happy three year old birthday boy running about with it for hours.

I love it when that happens. Inspiration hits, you gather the fabric and sew, sew, sew! And the best part is that the item is both loved and wanted. It's not an abandoned puppy, I know, but I do like to think of things having value through the joy they bring the person that possesses them.

I made one for twice giggle thrice jnr too. He loves his less than the birthday boy. It has been passed over for a very plastic Thomas the tank engine wallet that was undoubtedly made in a sweatshop to someones detriment. But you can't win them all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Footscray, Victoria, Australia
I sew, design and create whilst also being a loving mother of one beautiful son. Like thousands of other women, my nesting instinct led me to a sewing machine and I haven't stopped since. I adore all fabric, but try to only buy organics. I simply can't resist a good Japanese linen though, so I do make an exception on organics sometimes!!